Monday, January 29, 2007

Dance Rehearsal

So like I said yesterday we had dance rehearsal for the prom scene. Boy do I ever hurt today. But that's a good thing. Robin said Chris and I were going to do a lift and my dress is going to be up showing my panties, so I'm pretty excited about that. I know, something only an actor would be excited about, flashing their butt everywhere, but I am!

Chris and I are dancing together in the prom scene. We figured out that we're pretty good at most of the moves, but the ones we aren't good at we really suck, big time. But we'll get it, I think the communication just isn't quite there because I'm terrible at following anyone for any reason. It's so remedial. I think we're going to try to come up with some kind of pattern that we do some not only will he lead, but we'll also have our own little thing memorized. That should eliminate most of the kinks.

I didn't break it to poor Nick (the boyfriend) that he'll have to practice with me yet. But he loves running lines and helping me with my homework (he IS a cinematographer for god's sake) so maybe he'll take to swing dancing just as nicely... I can only hope.

I got lots of video's in my indox from Scott this morning so I've been watching those non-stop trying to pick out some Patty dance moves. Dancing was certainly more involved back then than it is now. Now people just kind of shake around until some rap song with specific instructions on what to do comes on. Then you had to like... have a dialogue... and kind of know how to dance. Maybe that's why everyone was so skinny! That and the fact that McDonald's wasn't supersizing their meals to a greasy 1,000 calorie pile of glory.

Well, I have dance class in about an hour and then Modern World Cinema. Good news is I think we're watching a movie from 1958. I believe we're watching Hitchcocks Vertigo today. Hmm. See everyone tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.